Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant /
Senior Registrar in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Instructs and guides when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance / work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department.
- To report and discuss all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Consultant / Senior Registrar.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- Works towards completing his post graduate training and passing the Final part of his Membership or Saudi Board.
- Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the Department.
- Participates in approved research projects.
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in matters of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen speciality.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.