المهام و الواجبات
1. Abide by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department.
2. Provide the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible complying with MSD Standardized Medical Staff By-Laws
3. Carry out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/Senior Registrar in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
4. Participate in the on-call duties as required by the department.
5. Instruct and guide when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance/work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department.
6. Report and discuss all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Consultant/Senior Registrar.
7. Work towards completing his post graduate training and passing the Final Part his/her Membership or Saudi Board.
8. Attend the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department.
9. Participate in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Program, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
10. Fulfill the requirements of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
11. Participate in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
12. Deputize for his/her superior as required and shares workload in his/her specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
13. Strive to improve his/her clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
14. Serve on hospital committees as requested.
15. Participate in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
16. Acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
17. Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee's knowledge, skills and abilities.
1. Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the field.
2. Investigation and negotiation skills for the resolution of issues.
3. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
4. Ability to relate well to other medical practitioners, other health professionals, patients.
5. Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.
Completion of the Board Training in the specialty