Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
مستشفى القوات المسلحة بوادي الدواسر Saudi Arabia Posted 2019/10/14 13:21:05 Expires 2020-05-27 Ref: JB1100002432
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff By-Laws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the Surgery Department.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant and Senior Registrar General Surgeon in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the Surgery Department.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (CQI&PS Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the Chief of Surgery and the Consultant General Surgeon in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
Job Description: (Cont’d.)
- Instructs and guides when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervise their performance/work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the Surgery Department.
- To report and discuss all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Senior Registrar and Consultant General Surgeon.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- To works towards completing his post graduate training and passing the final part of his Saudi Board or Membership.
- Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department.
- Participates in approved research projects.
- Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- To acquire and maintain valid certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ACLS).
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in mattes of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.