مستشفى قاعدة الملك عبد العزيز الجوية بالظهران Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia Posted 2020/10/18 10:35:15 Expires 2020-11-01 Ref: JB1100005826
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Uses clinical skills and methods appropriate to a primary care setting to analyze the patient’s complaints and establish a plan of action in his/her best interest.
- Initiates investigations which will confirm, establish or rule out diagnosis, or be of benefit to the patient.
- Refers patients to Consultant Family Medicine or appropriate specialist for opinion or treatment as deemed necessary.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with patients/families in an effort to promote compliance and shared participation in a caring environment.
- Follow up those patients with on-going or chronic illness or when a therapeutic response requires evaluation.
- Carries out other clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/Senior Registrar in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the teaching of staff assigned for training purposes.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Program, Quality Assessment Improvement Program), as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- To work towards completing his postgraduate training and passing the Final Part of the Saudi Board or Membership.
- Attends the Continuing Medical Education Program of the department.
- Participates in approved research projects.
- Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities
- Consistence update of practice and knowledge in Family and Community Medicine.
- To keep with new technology and evidence based practice in Family and Community Medicine.
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in matter of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training to pursue of his career in his chosen specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment