Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
مستشفى قاعدة الملك عبد العزيز الجوية بالظهران Saudi Arabia Posted 2021/02/23 10:15:33 Ref: JB1100007973
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews written prescriptions for drug interaction as well as to determine the ingredients needed and to assure that over dosage is avoided or that toxic compounds will not result from combining ingredients.
- Supervises Pharmacy Technician while preparing the pharmaceutical compounding.
- Fills and/or checks of unit-dose cart and floor stock orders.
- Calculates intravenous admixture and hyper-alimentation orders by Physicians.
- Fills prescriptions from bulk stock.
- Explains directions for prescriptions dispensed to patients.
- Maintains records on all prescriptions filled for in-patient and out-patient use.
- Maintains control records on narcotics, poisons and habit forming drugs as required by MOD and Kingdom regulations.
- Prepares and types prescriptions labels.
- Maintains inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies, storing under proper conditions or refrigeration and security.
- Provides information to Physicians and other staff members on availability of new drugs, warnings on currently marked drugs, incompatibility of certain and other pharmaceuticals.
- Participates in Quality educational programs.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Participate in the improvement of quality in the hospital (Quality Management Program).
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Basic computer & accurate data entry skills.
- Good mathematical skills & knowledge of the metric system.