Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management, administrative functions and monitoring of practice to ensure effective and efficient operation of the assigned area according to program policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and management skills in ensuring the delivery of patient and family centered care.
- Supports the professional and personal development of all nursing staff and works as an effective member of the caring team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and monitors standards of care.
- Acts on behalf of or in the absence of the Clinical Director.
- Uphold philosophy, mission, vision, goals and objectives of the Nursing Department and Prince Sultan Military Medical City (PSMMC).
- Utilize efficient management of human and material resources within the assigned area:
- Use and storage of all equipment and supplies.
- Periodic Preventive Maintenance.
- Staff rotation, schedules and leave allocation.
- Follow-up of staffs’ valid requirements for re-contracting to help in speed up with lacking steps.
- Ensure that standard of care, policies and procedures are effectively and safely practiced.
- Adeptly manages the information of patient, staff and hospital records.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion and retention of staff.
- Participate in the development, revision and implementation of unit based competencies in the assigned area.
- Recognizing and valuing contributions from the individual within the ward and provides clinical support.
- Participate in direct patient care working as a team member and promotes highest standards of evidence-based practice.
- Ensure patients and staff confidentiality
- Observe and respect patients’ Bill of Rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain effective line of communication within the department and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Establish partnership, facilitating team building and works collaboratively with other health team member.
- Conduct regular departmental meetings.
- Be responsible for updating requirements and documents as required periodically such as expiration of Saudi Council card.
- Utilize conflict management strategies to address issues and concerns in the area.
- Promote staff development through education and training based on identified needs.
- Practice culture of safety.
- Lead in performance improvement activities and utilize data to develop action for improvement, evaluation and documentation of outcomes.
- Assume responsibility with the scope of practice.
- High standards of leadership and management skills.
- Excellent written, spoken and comprehension in English.
- Computer literate.
- Strong motivation and commitment towards excellence in healthcare and professional development.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships, facilitating team building and working collaboratively towards common goals.