Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management, administrative functions and monitoring of practice to ensure effective and efficient operation of the assigned area according to program policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and management skills in ensuring the delivery of patient and family centered care.
- Supports the professional and personal development of all nursing staff and works as an effective member of the caring team.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and monitors standards of care.
- Acts on behalf of or in the absence of the Clinical Director.
- Uphold philosophy, mission, vision, goals and objectives of the Nursing Department and Prince Sultan Military Medical City (PSMMC).
- Utilize efficient management of human and material resources within the assigned area:
- Use and storage of all equipment and supplies.
- Periodic Preventive Maintenance.
- Staff rotation, schedules and leave allocation.
- Follow-up of staffs’ valid requirements for re-contracting to help in speed up with lacking steps.
- Ensure that standard of care, policies and procedures are effectively and safely practiced.
- Adeptly manages the information of patient, staff and hospital records.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, promotion and retention of staff.
- Participate in the development, revision and implementation of unit based competencies in the assigned area.
- Recognizing and valuing contributions from the individual within the ward and provides clinical support.
- Participate in direct patient care working as a team member and promotes highest standards of evidence-based practice.
- Ensure patients and staff confidentiality
- Observe and respect patients’ Bill of Rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain effective line of communication within the department and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Establish partnership, facilitating team building and works collaboratively with other health team member.
- Conduct regular departmental meetings.
- Be responsible for updating requirements and documents as required periodically such as expiration of Saudi Council card.
- Utilize conflict management strategies to address issues and concerns in the area.
- Promote staff development through education and training based on identified needs.
- Practice culture of safety.
- Lead in performance improvement activities and utilize data to develop action for improvement, evaluation and documentation of outcomes.
- Assume responsibility with the scope of practice.
- High standards of leadership and management skills.
- Excellent written, spoken and comprehension in English.
- Computer literate.
- Strong motivation and commitment towards excellence in healthcare and professional development.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships, facilitating team building and working collaboratively towards common goals.