Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for collecting, cleaning, assembling and sterilizing equipment, supplies and instruments from all units and departments, under the direction of the CSSD Manager.
- Distributes sterile supplies adequate for routine patient needs and for emergency requirements.
- Operates and monitors sterilizers, disinfectors and all other CSSD equipments.
- Issues, distributes and orders sterile medical supplies.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certified CSSD course from a registered school.
- Candidates must have the Certification of Board for Sterilization Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) and International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management. (IAHCSMM)
- Knowledge of Operating Room surgical instrumentation, including Orthopedic, Ophthalmic, ENT, Urology, OB and General Surgery instruments.
- Knowledge of operating procedures for sterilizers.
- Sound knowledge of safety and infection control practices.
Sterilization Processing and Distribution