Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
· Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
· Responsible for the clinical care of critically ill patients admitted to ICU according to generally accepted standards.
· To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who have patients in ICU or wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding patients in other areas of the hospital.
· To be in charge specifically of ventilatory, circulatory fluid and nutritional therapy concerning the patients in ICU.
· To participate in the evaluation of the patients who are possible candidates for ICU either as transfers from outside or within our hospital.
· Participates in the administrative organization of the ICU under the direction of the director of department and the Consultant in Charge of ICU, and takes part in the development of its rules and regulations, the standards of care and maintenance of its equipment (in conjunction with the Bioengineering Department).
· Carries out reviews and investigations on drugs, equipments, physiological and pharmacological matters relevant to Intensive Care, provides and/or takes part in advisory service to the hospital.
· Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
· . Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the director of department/head of division and the Consultant in Charge of ICU in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
· Participates in the forward planning , and further development of the department/division
and the ICU.
· Serves on hospital committees as requested.
· Participates and/or actively supports approved research projects.
· Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
· Fulfills the requirements ofthe Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
· Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
· Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
· Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
Some specialized post qualification experience in ICU.
· Publisher Experience in research and teaching.
· Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the field.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.