Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate direct with all prospective supplies, with regard to procurement within his section area. Ensure that goods are purchased of the right quality and price for delivery at the scheduled to time and date. Prepare and issue procurement documents analysis and evaluate quotations, expedite delivery of purchase orders.
- Process purchase order in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Survey sources of supply to optimize and consolidate supply arrangements and nominate the source of supply based upon accepted procurement criteria such as price, delivery and quality.
- Attempt in each procurement action to maintain standards and costs and where possible to reduce material costs.
- Ensure that all invited vendors are properly licensed and qualified to undertake the business being offered.
- Ensure that each quotation exercise is conducted in an open, fair and equitable manner.
- Negotiate direct with prospective suppliers and expedite overdue purchase orders and bring forward order.
- Knowledge of all aspects of documentation and procedure requirements associated with the buying of medical goods/supplies.
- Knowledge of government regulations and roles pertaining to the purchase of medical goods/supplies.
Three (3) years Diploma in Materials Management from a recognized institution after High School Or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies or Commerce.