Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee will:
· Performs surveillance of healthcare-associated infection on assigned units according to approved definitions and criteria and reviews and maintains up-to date records on all Healthcare associated infection in accordance with CDC definition.
· Identifies outbreaks, perform epidemic investigation, (collects, analyzes summarizes, and presents data on infection cluster, exposure and outbreak) under supervision of the Infection Control Director and epidemiologist.
· Identifies problems related for infection control, responds to and advices on infection control questions, reviews infection control practices under the supervision of the Infection Control Director.
· Participates in new employee orientation in coordination with the Nursing administration regarding infection prevention and control practices and procedures.
· Enhances professional's sel f- growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops.
· Collaborates and participate with the Infection Control Director in the organization, coordination, and implementation of the hospital Infection Control program.
· Follows all related hospital policies and procedures and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Initiates precautions and makes recommendation on isolation measures for transmissible diseases and discontinues precautions as indicated.
· Documents employee and patient exposures to infectious diseases for which approved protocols exist and follow up as required.
· Develops, participates in the development and review of Infection Control Policies and Procedures contained in the Hospital Infection
Prevention and Control Manual.
· Participates in hospital-wide performance improvement activities.
· Participates in research projects addressing infection control issues as assigned.
· Monitors and reports notifiable diseases to Infection Control Director.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Infection Control Director.
Must have good critical thinking skills .
· Must be computer-literate.