Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee will:
· Performs surveillance of healthcare-associated infection on assigned units according to approved definitions and criteria and reviews and maintains up-to date records on all Healthcare associated infection in accordance with CDC definition.
· Identifies outbreaks, perform epidemic investigation, (collects, analyzes summarizes, and presents data on infection cluster, exposure and outbreak) under supervision of the Infection Control Director and epidemiologist.
· Identifies problems related for infection control, responds to and advices on infection control questions, reviews infection control practices under the supervision of the Infection Control Director.
· Participates in new employee orientation in coordination with the Nursing administration regarding infection prevention and control practices and procedures.
· Enhances professional's sel f- growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings, and workshops.
· Collaborates and participate with the Infection Control Director in the organization, coordination, and implementation of the hospital Infection Control program.
· Follows all related hospital policies and procedures and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Initiates precautions and makes recommendation on isolation measures for transmissible diseases and discontinues precautions as indicated.
· Documents employee and patient exposures to infectious diseases for which approved protocols exist and follow up as required.
· Develops, participates in the development and review of Infection Control Policies and Procedures contained in the Hospital Infection
Prevention and Control Manual.
· Participates in hospital-wide performance improvement activities.
· Participates in research projects addressing infection control issues as assigned.
· Monitors and reports notifiable diseases to Infection Control Director.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Infection Control Director.
Must have good critical thinking skills .
· Must be computer-literate.