Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision of nursing care that meets PSMMC Competency Standards for Registered Nurse, including individual accountability for actions within the scope, practices and framework for Registered Nurse in accordance with PSMMC Policies and Procedures.
The employee will:
- Deliver excellent nursing care, monitors, maintains standards of care within the hospital policies and procedures.
- Take an evidence-based approach to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Identify and act on changes in patient condition, making safe, timely decisions appropriate to the situation.
- Assist team leaders and members in liaising between healthcare professionals, doctors and allied healthcare professionals to ensure appropriate medical care is provided to all patients.
- Ensure that appropriate consent is obtained and maintained for patients undergoing relevant medical treatment.
- Ensure the safe administration and management of medication.
- Advocate on behalf of their patients to ensure quality healthcare services are provided.
- Maintain and protect the safety, confidentiality and dignity of patients and families.
- Manage a clean, safe and tidy unit.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient related information in relation to service provision and healthcare treatments and services.
Leadership and Management
- Work with colleagues to provide support to all clinic staff.
- Contribute to raising the profile and development of the nursing team by:
- 3.12.1 Recognizing and valuing contributions from individuals within the clinic team.
- 3.12.2 Providing clinical support.
- 3.12.3 Working with team members to define clear individual roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure all written or verbal information is clear, accurate and presented that is appropriate to the target group.
- Deliver all verbal communication with clarity, accuracy and free from jargon.
- Handle conflicts and misunderstanding in a positive manner and a satisfactory resolution is achieved.
- Act as a professional role model, mentor, and preceptor for staff and students.
- Deal with complaints promptly and sensitively with appropriate documentation and follow-up reports to the Charge Nurse.
- Assume accountability for quality care delivered to patients.
- Take charge of the unit in the absence of the person responsible by demonstrating leadership and management skills when acting in the Charge Nurse/Team Leader role.
- Implement the mission and values statement and standards of the Nursing Department.
- Monitor the use of stock item and order as necessary.
- Participate on in-service training and delivery of teaching to other members of clinical staff.
- Take responsibility for own professional development.
- Provide health education to patients, relatives and caregivers.
- Maintain generic and unit specific competencies up-to-date.
- Demonstrate safe and correct use of specific unit based equipment.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality improvement initiatives.
- Uphold quality initiatives that improve “customer care” and enhances that interface between staff and patients.
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation in action plan for performance improvement.
- Develop and review policies, procedures and required protocols in collaboration with relevant nursing leaders and managers.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Good standard of spoken and written communication skills English.
- Computer literate.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional, friendly and warm demeanor with effective collaborative communication skills.
- Ability to change focus given added demands and/or new responsibilities.
ممرض قانوني (1)