Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
Esta bl ishesa good worki ng envi ronment in which patients receive a high standard of
3.2 Takes responsi bility for the direct delivery of professional and competent pat ientcare by promoti ng quali ty care standards.
3.3 Acts on behalf of or at the direction of the Head Nurse/Cha rge N u rse in setting and
monitoring standards for patient care.
3.4 Partici pates in t he monitoring of the Planning, delivery of care and evaluation of thei ndivi d ual ized Patient Care.
3.5 Informs the Head N u rse/Charge Nurse of any changes in circumstances which affect
t he standards of care.
Establ ishes and develops effective comm unications with a l l staff of other di scipl ines, pati ents, relati ves and all hospital employees.
3.7 Maintai ns the safety and well-being of patients and staff in accordance with policiesand prnccd u rcs.
3.8 Uses equ ipmi.:nt and suppl ies in cost effect ive and responsi ble manner and pcu-t i cipatcs in t he procedure for ordering supplies within the agreed budget as dclegat d.
3.9 Ensures t ha t Infection Control Practices are adhered to in accord ance with approved infection con t rol pol icies.
3. I 0 Ensures that studentsand temporary staff allocated to the ward ha ve appropriateorientation, teaching and support in accordance with their curricular objectives andreports any matter of concern to the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse.
3.1 1 Parti cipates in t he care, custody and administration of Medicines in accordance with
ts and repor1s all accidents/incidentsto Head Nurse/Charge Nurse and Site
3.1 3 Ensu res that all n u rsing documentation is completed accuratel y and legi bly and
u nd erst ands the importance and relevance of thei r confidential nat u re.
- Assists i n data col lection for monitoring and statistical
- Partici pates in staff orientation and on-going developmental
- 16 Takesre sponsibi lity for own professional development and growth and remains updat ed i n current professional practices.
- 1 7 M aintainsann ual updates i n I nfection Control, Fire and Safety and Major Disaster.
Ed ucates patients and/or fami l ies on matters relevant to the patient's condition/s asapplicable.
- l 9 Protects and upholds th rights of the patients and their famil ies.
- Partici pates in q ual ity improvement and patient safety activities and attends quality i mprovement educational activities as
- Maintains confidential ity at all
3.22 Carries out other dutiesappropriate to the role and the individua l at the request of
the Head Nurse/ChargeNurse .
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of his/her
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff
- Ability to work effectively ina multi-cultural environment