Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities:
3.1.1 Addresses issues using a problem-solving framework. Initiates the nursing chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily
3.1.2 Documents all assessments, interventions, & other information in the patient’s health record in a timely & ongoing manner
- Promotes continuity of care through oral & written communication
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process within established hospital and unit specific policies & procedures
- To maintain high standards of Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing care within a safe environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge & clinical assessment skills appropriate to the clinical area
- Monitor Cardiotocograph and interpret the finding and Co-ordinate with Physician.
- Perform Vaginal Examination and document the bishop’s score.
- Provides direct prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum and/or well women patient services and primary care to low-to-moderate risk obstetrical and gynaecological patients.
- Takes direct & appropriate action in urgent & emergency situations
- Demonstrates effective communication & collaboration skills when interacting with patients, families or other health care team members
- Complies with hospital Infection Control & Safety protocols
- Education & Research
- Works with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient outcomes
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth in identifying the areas of improvement for further development
- Uses research / current references in the provision of evidence-based care
- Participates in teaching activities in the unit
Anticipate & acts to maintain a safe environment
Asses own care, that provided by others, patient care systems, & continuously seeks way to improve
Complies with & participates in Quality Management processes & activities
Serves as a role model, teacher & resource
Develops & utilizes professional collegial networking
Demonstrates respect, compassion, & cultural sensitivity to patients, families and other hospital employees
Advocates for excellence in patient care & rights
Demonstrates initiative in the performance of duties
Performs other related duties as assigned
- Professional experience:
- Minimum (3) Three Years work experience as Midwife in Labour and Delivery unit.
- Specialized knowledge:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certificate
- Infection Prevention & Control Certificate
- Personal qualities / skills:
- English & Arabic
- Computer skills required
بكالوريوس تمريض مع دبلوم في القبالة/Bachelor in Nursing and Diploma in Midwifery