Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
3.1 To monitor and record pressure measurements and be familiar with the different procedures carried out in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab. e.g. Left and Right Heart Catheterisation , PCI, valvuloplasty and device implants, EP Study and Ablation, Pediatric Diagnostic Study and Intervention, Rotablator Rotational Angioplasty, Thrombectomy, Pressure Wire measurement, IABP and Impella Catheter support.
3.2 To be familiar with the use of a physiological measurement computer for the storing/recording/measuring of data relevant to the procedure.
3.3 To have an understanding of the following haemodynamic measurements and waveforms:
3.3.1 Central venous pressure
3.3.2 Arterial pressure
3.3.3 PA pressure
3.3.4 Cardiac output
3.3.5 Mixed venous/ Arterial saturations
3.3.6 Mixed venous gas/ arterial blood gas
3.3.7 Shunt calculations
3.3.8 Valve gradients
3.4 To be familiar with troubleshoot and manage the following equipment:
3.4.1 Oximeter for measuring 02 sats and calculations associated with it.
3.4.2 Cardiac output computer.
3.4.4 IABP Console
3.4.5 Temporary pulse generators
3.4.6 Pacing system programmers for threshold measurements at device implants
• St Jude
Pressure wire system Angiojet
EP med system
Ensite velocity - 3 dimensional mapping system Impella Console
Qiona infusion pump Enlighten renal denervator Micromax Ultrasound System
- Pacemaker follow-up and Is familiar with use of programmer for interrogating/programming pacemakers following implant.
- Electrocardiography - Recording/interpretationof
- Reports all unusual events or occurrences and equipment malfunctions immediately to his/her
- Report and refer any untoward/unusual events/sto the Electro
- Participate in departmental "on call" rota as required to maintain a twenty four hour emergency
- Required to keep up to date with available equipment on the market and ensure adequate stock levels of supplies related to job
- Participates in orientation and in-service education
- Ensures that all equipment transferred with patient (IABP, Impella Console, Temporary Pulse Generators, Cables) is returned to the cathlab the following day, discharge of patient or discontinuation of
- Protects and upholds the rights of the patients and their
- Participates in quality improvement and patient safety activities and attends quality improvement educational activities as appropriate.
- Adheres to infection control
- Maintains confidentiality at all
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of his/her career.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural