Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Armed Forces Medical Services Saudi Arabia Posted 2019/09/30 04:23:02 Expires 2019-10-08 Ref: JB1100002344
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be assigned duties to work in any of the Pharmacy premises.
- Work under the supervision of a Pharmacist to:
- Accurately read and properly interpret prescriptions and orders before filling.
- Accurately fill prescriptions and orders with correct medications, quantities and suitable shelf life.
- Properly and elegantly fix labels to containers.
- Prepare and mix small and large volume parenteral including TPN and cytotoxic under aseptic conditions.
- Monitor and fill Ward Stock Lists.
- Label, re-label and fill unit Dose cassettes whenever implemented.
- Monitor shelves and assist in requesting and topping up needed medications in Store and/or Dispensing Area.
- Inspect medications on shelves, identify short-dated batches and remove expired ones.
- Operate efficiently repackaging equipment such as Unit Dose machines.
- Pack/re-pack CPR boxes, FRD drums, Doctor's Bag, and other medications received in hospital size packages.
- Maintain necessary documents and logbooks.
- Prepare extemporaneous formula following approved procedures.
- Screen returned medications and apply appropriate action(s) as guided by the Policy and Procedure.
- Run labels and fill lists required for efficient Unit Dose System (whenever implemented).
- Assist in the delivery of medications to the wards whenever needed.
- Be able to assist in running audits, studies and collection of data as per approved protocols.
- Assist in stock-taking and inventory procedures.
- Assist in applying strict procedures to control the use of narcotic and scheduled medications.
- Assist in preparing quarter and annual reports as required by the hospital and/or Ministry of Health.
- Assist in the accomplishment of any task or duty which may be assigned to a technician.
- Respond to Major Disaster calls and related demands.
- Assist in maintaining high level of security and safety aspects in all areas of Pharmacy, especially in the IV Room and Storeroom.
- Assist in maintaining class 100 standards in the IV Room.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee's knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Good communication skills
- Open personality with the ability to take instructions.