Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand policies and procedures and apply them to meet patient's needs as
determined by the Medical staff prescription orders.
- Ensure medications are stored appropriately and securely to ensure freshness and potency
of the items.
- Ensure medications reach the patient in the correct form and dose.
- Be responsible for the accurate dispensing and timely distribution of medication of
inpatient and outpatients.
- Supervise and check the work of less experience and less qualified staff.
- Respond to the queries related to medications within the hospital or other hospitals and
the general public.
- Counsel patients on the effects, dosage and route administration treatment of the drugs.
- Communicate with the medical and nursing staff to clarify and solve difficulties before dispensing. Clarification may require access to the patient's case notes and/or laboratory
profile. Document all clarification using MCR.
- Review prescription/orders before dispensing and intervene where appropriate.
Good knowledge of mission of hospital pharmacy, drug
distribution system and scientific language.
- Certified knowledge of CPR and handling poison call.
- Knowledge of PC applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D from recognized university