Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand policies and procedures and apply them to meet patient's needs as
determined by the Medical staff prescription orders.
- Ensure medications are stored appropriately and securely to ensure freshness and potency
of the items.
- Ensure medications reach the patient in the correct form and dose.
- Be responsible for the accurate dispensing and timely distribution of medication of
inpatient and outpatients.
- Supervise and check the work of less experience and less qualified staff.
- Respond to the queries related to medications within the hospital or other hospitals and
the general public.
- Counsel patients on the effects, dosage and route administration treatment of the drugs.
- Communicate with the medical and nursing staff to clarify and solve difficulties before dispensing. Clarification may require access to the patient's case notes and/or laboratory
profile. Document all clarification using MCR.
- Review prescription/orders before dispensing and intervene where appropriate.
Good knowledge of mission of hospital pharmacy, drug
distribution system and scientific language.
- Certified knowledge of CPR and handling poison call.
- Knowledge of PC applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D from recognized university