Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of inpatient and outpatient clinical duties as assigned by the Director/Head of Ophthalmology in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the Director/Head of Ophthalmology and Director of Postgraduate and Academic Affairs in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programmed) as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Deputizes for his superior as required and shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the forward planning, and further development of the department/division.
- Serves on hospital committees as requested.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
1 Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the field.
2 Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
3 Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.
Saudi Board or equivalent higher qualification in Ophthalmology. Fellowship in Glaucoma (Minimum of one year).