Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
Duties and Responsibilities
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision of Respiratory care needs for each patient under his/her care.
- Discuss the protocol of Respiratory care with Chief Respiratory Therapist and the attending physician.
- Attend the following respiratory modalities:
5.3.1. Aerosol Therapy
5.3.2. Incentive Spirometry
5.3.3. Chest physiotherapy
5.3.4. Tracheal aspiration and sputum collection.
5.3.5. Pulmonary function tests.
5.3.6. Extract arterial blood gas sample.
- Attend patients in emergency calls.
- Operates mechanical ventilators and conducts regular ventilator checkup.
- Coordinates and participates in special procedures and transportation of ventilated patients.
- Maintains respiratory equipment, respiratory supplies as per policy.
- Develops and participates in routine education programs for Quality Management Methods and techniques to facilitate patient care and professional growth.
- Coordinates in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in departmental administrative meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Assists and participates in staff development programs and in orientation of new hires.
- Participates in the Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skill and abilities research projects.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Essential: Fluent English language (speaking and writing).
- Arabic language skills.