Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
مستشفيات القوات المسلحه بالطائف Altaif, Saudi Arabia Posted 2020/03/26 14:34:15 Expires 2020-09-30 Ref: JB1100003978
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan Orthotic/ Prosthetic program for each patient involving appropriate Orthotic/ Prosthetic modalities.
- Orthotic/ Prosthetic is the evaluation, fabrication and custom fitting of articifial limbs and orthopedic braces.
- Prosthetists specialize in designing and making artificial limbs while Orthotists specialize in designing and corrective shoes. These professions are similar and an individual may be both an orthotist and a prosthetist.
- Prosthetic hands, arms and legs help amputees or people who were born without limbs carry-out the activities of daily living and even run marathons. Braces help people minimize the stares that severely disfigured people must endure.
- Evaluates and documents patients’ progress and makes it available to the other members of the Rehabilitation Team for review and team goal setting.
- May direct and supervise activities of assistants or volunteer workers and students.
- May conduct or participate in training medical and nursing personnel, students and other workers in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in Orthotic/ Prosthetic and ensure the implementation of such advances.
- Practice or directly supervise specialist Orthotic/ Prosthetic staff when required.
- Formulate plans to ensure the department meets future program requirements.
- Responsible for existing equipment and recommends modification or replacement when necessary.
- Ensure the department provides accurate input to program information.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/ her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience as head of department of any similar department.
prosthetics & orthotics