مستشفيات القوات المسلحه بالطائف Altaif, Saudi Arabia Posted 2021/01/14 08:16:38 Expires 2021-01-28 Ref: JB1100005829New
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direct supervision of the Head of the Home Health Care Unit (HHC).
- Performs an evaluation / assessment of each patient's respiratory needs during the first home visit.
- Visits patients at home and develops a Plan of Care.
- Develops and provides patient and family education in the areas of respiratory home
- equipment and therapeutic interventions for home care.
- Assess needs of patient and the best choice of equipment to meet those needs.
- Instructs patients and caregivers on proper use of and care of equipment.
- Trouble shoots respiratoy equipment issues over the phone in an effort to best serve the patients and eliminate unnecessary exchanges and deliveries.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers and physicians changes in conditions and needs.
- Performs pulmonary assessments and formulates recommendations to the physicians, based on the established criteria for patients with chronic pulmonary disease referred to Home Care Services Program.
- Provides a mechanism of long-term follow-up of patients who are involved in ongoing pulmonary home care programs through regularly scheduled clinic visits, interim telephone consults and home visits.
- Promotes teamwork through maintaining effective communication with appropriate staff.
- Prioritize patients’ safety.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient, thus maintaining patients’ rights.
- Participate in staff development.
- Participate in HHC Team meetings and in-services.
- Assist other staff in all patients or department needed procedures or activities.
- Keep record of treatment provided to the patients during home visit.
- Maintain a peaceful and safe working environment.
- Conducts, participates in and attends educational meetings and seminars for healthcare workers, families and caregivers.
- Provides respiratory care expertise to the Home Care Services Program and acts as a vendor to all patients requiring respiratory equipment and supplies in the home setting.
- Arranges necessary referrals for travelling patients.
- Stays current on new respiratory products and supplies.
- Assumes full responsibility for their own actions, professional skills, and attitudes.
- Participates in an on-call schedule for all home care services.
- Promote health education to patient and their family regarding patient status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Environmental Safety Rounds.
- Responsible for keeping updated in Infection Control, Fire and Safety, and Disaster training on a yearly basis.
- Responsible for keeping Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and updated on a 2 year basis.
- Participate in CQI & PS Activities.
- Ability to be self-directed in accomplishing the coordination and decision-making responsibilities of this position and be resourceful in problem solving.
- Effective oral and written communications skills and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Knowledge in Basic Computer (Microsoft Office).