Duties and Responsibilities
The Critical Care Nurse functions under the supervision of the Head Nurse or Charge Nurse. He/She provides total nursing care to his/her patients. This involves planning, administering and evaluation the nursing care of her patients. The nurse must also have expertise in recognizing complications in the intensive care patient, the needs and provide care accordingly. He/She is responsible for learning how to operate all technological equipment utilized in the unit. The functions performed require judgment based upon the application of scientific knowledge and are guided by the established philosophy and policies of the organization and the unit.
- Performs a variety of supportive and technical nursing skills and utilizes a range of equipment, supplies, medication and other modalities in carrying out specific medical orders for administration of medications and performance of specific treatments, monitoring techniques and other diagnostic, therapeutic and supportive measures. Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Nursing Diploma of three years program.
- Valid license to practice from the country of origin
- Must have Saudi Council Registration and 3 primary source verification (Dataflow) education, License from country of origin and Employment.
- Post-basic certificate in area of responsibility is preferred.
- BLS Certified.
- Posses other certification pertinent to area of expertise, i.e. NRP, PALS, ACLS, ATLS, SEDATION where applicable.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in general nursing.
- Two to three years experience in current area.
- Good interpersonal skills.