Duties and Responsibilities
The employee will:
· Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
· Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
· Carries out full range of clinical duties as assigned by the Director/Head of Accident & Emergency and the Consultant in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
· Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
· Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the Director/Head of Accident & Emergency and the Consultant in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
· Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (CQ&PS) as applicable.
· Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
· To maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( ACLS ) ,Advanced Trauma.
· Life Support (ATLS) , and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
· Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
· Deputizes for the Consultant as required and shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
· Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
· Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated
· Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
· Ability to assume greater responsibility in matters of patient care.
· Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen specialty.
· Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.