Duties and Responsibilities
- Competent to start, synchronize, stop and operate diesel generator in accordance with set procedures.
- Keeps two hourly records of all mechanical and electrical gauges and metering devices on the gensets and control panels, fuel logistics, power consumption; be aware of safety parameters and carry out necessary remedial action.
- Carries out corrective action in case of fire and emergency situations to safeguard personnel and equipment.
- Carries out PPM work in accordance with set maintenance schedules, under the supervision of the power plant mechanical/ operation foreman and/or power plant engineer.
- Carries out workshop maintenance on specialized diesel engine components, such as injection pumps, fuel injectors, governor assembly and turbocharger assembly. Has thorough knowledge of specialized equipment and carries out maintenance.
- Disconnect, remove, replace and re-commission diesel engines, under the supervision of the power plant engineer and be aware of all safety procedure involved.
- Troubleshoot and rectify problems on instrumentation and control systems.
- Identifies and rectifies incorrect running, adjustment of timing and valve tappet, fuel injection, governing clearances, etc, Carries out measurement of engine parts and their tolerances.
- Carries out minor and major repair including top overhaul, semi-major pistons, bearings, gears, valves and bushings, using engine lathe, valve grinder, hand tools and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Keep work surrounding in a clean and orderly manner and ensures that safety regulation are complied with.
- Perform other applicable task and duties assigned within the realm of his knowledge, skills and abilities in all sites belonging to the Armed Forces Hospitals-Taif Region as required by the Power Plant Engineer and/or Foreman.
- Proficiency in English language (reading, writing and speaking) well enough to communicate, respond and understand work instructions.
- Knowledge of Detroit, Caterpillar, Rolls Royce, SACM diesel engines and other diesel engines.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and specialized tooling for diesel.
in Mechanical and /or Electrical courses related to diesel engine operation and maintenance, preferably a licensed certified plant mechanic